Short Term Health Insurance
This plan is made available through Assurant Health,
a leader in providing short-term health insurance.
This plan is available for you to have coverage 30 days up to 180 days.
This plan is designed for:
• Students who are no longer eligible for the
college/university's group plan
• Students who are graduating
• Individuals who are between jobs
• An individual who is no longer covered by their
Fixed Benefits Health Insurance Plan
This plan is made available through Assurant Health.
The plan is called Assurant Health Access. You are able to continue with this plan as long as you wish.
Assurant Health Plan has fixed benefits, no deductibles, copays or coinsurance provisions and provides you
with a national network for discounts
Global Emergency Services Program (Travel Assistance)
SAS, Inc. has contracted with Scholastic Emergency Services, Inc. an Assist America partner to provide students with
• Emergency medical evacuation
• Medically supervised repatriation
• Various other services while traveling more than
100 miles from home or school
Discount Medical Plan (This is not insurance)
Discount Program provides:
• Discounts on prescription drugs
• Discounts on the purchase of vision products
• Discounts at participating dentists
Ask Mayo Clinic
Ask Mayo Clinic is a nurse help line available in many of our student plans. This service provides:
• Access 24/7 to experienced registered nurses who
are trained to handle telephone health inquiries
• Assurance that students have a reputable source
of information to answer medical questions